Saturday, April 11, 2015

Juggling Letters

For those of you participating, you know the A to Z Challenge is in full swing. For those not participating, the A to Z Challenge is a challenge for the month of April that involves blogging every day except Sunday and following the alphabet (A on the 1st, B on the 2nd, and so on). Some letters are easy, and you’re forced to choose between a few, even several, really good topics. Some letters are not so easy. And some letters are just plain hard.

There seems to be a lot of general agreement that letters toward the end of the alphabet are hard. Vowels also seem to be somewhat troublesome overall. Other than that it seems to be based on the individual blogger and possibly their theme (if they have one) as to which letters are hard. Here’s looking at you I, N, R, and U.

I found myself doing a lot of juggling letters around when I was planning posts (they’re not all written yet, so I’ll just say planning) and trying to find ways to make different posts work for different letters. It was helpful to write everything out and think of different titles and different angles for approaching the same subject.

I managed to juggle it around and turn what was going to be my B post into my U post and what was going to be my F post into my K post.

So what about you? Are you participating in the A to Z Challenge? Which letters were hard for you? Did you juggle anything around to suit a different letter?

9 comments:

  1. So true that it is a juggling act :) This year and last year since I did themes, I got a piece of paper and lettered it A to Z and then started writing down ideas. I did change around some things, eliminated some, added some, changed the words to mean the same thing like for instance "V" was originally going to be "van" that I drive but I couldn't think of "O" so I moved van that is an "Oldsmobile" to "O" and did something else for V. It is a work in progress. I still have to write "N" this year; I know what its going to be but I haven't pulled it together yet :)

    I'm glad you are participating this year :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not doing it this go-round, but am seriously thinking about next...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I juggled around quite a lot and several posts could have had different titles. For example, I had more than one idea for P and managed to use three by moving two to N and T.
    Anabel's Travel Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not participating. But I am reading what others come up with. It gets very interesting for sure. Quite a challenge indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Danielle .. I always mess about with the letters and I'm still doing it - as I need to write a few for this week ... I had a good J word for scrabble though .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're not participating, but we would imagine certain letters being very challenging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My posts are all done. I did have problem with U and I but otherwise I was OK. Forgot X.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Specific letters aren't usually hard for me. I always cheat for X, although this year I kind of am not. Otherwise, it's just a matter of looking at my days and finding a way of describing events to fit the letter. It always seems to work out.

    Liz A. from Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete
  9. I signed up only a couple of days before the A to Z Blog Challenge on a whim. I second guessed myself but I'm quite enjoying being back in the blog community...reading blogs, writing posts and trying to be creative...

    Enjoy the rest of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.