Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Fizzy Lemonberry Pansies

Two weeks ago we made our first trip of the season to the specialty garden store. We went with Nick’s grandparents (a.k.a. The Grands or GrandMommy and GrandDaddy). GrandMommy and I went because we love the flowers. It was a fairly warm day and we needed to be outside and see the plants and flowers. We needed something that felt like spring. Nick went because he loves us, and possibly because of the lunch plans for later. GrandDaddy went because we were all going, and possibly because of the lunch plans for later.

I love going to the garden stores, and I love going outside and seeing all of the flowers they have. This particular store does a great job of displaying the flowers in the most attractive way possible. It’s just beautiful there. They also tend to have more special plants; types, colors, and varieties that you just don’t see at other places. You always find something a little special there.

This time it was these Fizzy Lemonberry Pansies. I think that’s just the name of the color, but I think they’re really pretty. I really like the color combination, and I love how the petals are a little bit curly. And, in all honesty, I really love saying Fizzy Lemonberry. Give it a try. It just feels good in your mouth doesn’t it?

So what about you? Is there a special flower that you like the name of?

11 comments:

  1. Its a pretty flower :) I like how everyone wanted to go along because of lunch plans :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. ThiS made me smile in recognition! My Mum and Dad (Both in their late 80s) love to visit garden centres anD as their driving days are over, I take them. Last time we went, the spring flowers were gorgeous, though I admit I'm usually in the "When's lunch?" category. Pansies are my Mum's favourite, although she's always looking for apricot ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danielle - it is certainly a great name and pansies can do no wrong .. though I have to say my favourites are anemones ... colourful jewels .. and you commented on them - the won't I don't think grow in Texas - sorry ... Enjoy the garden as it springs into life .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Fizzy Lemonberry. I like pansies anyway, for me they grow a long time. I wish I had a garden to put them in. I'd have come for the lunch too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great name. Even if it is just the name of the color.

    Liz A. from Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fizzy Lemonberry sounds like something yummy. I love walking through nurseries as well. You're heading into Spring over there whilst we're heading into Autumn. Not that you'd know it where I live. It's still hot and muggy. Spring must be lovely over there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the flower's name..so much energy there. I adore going to garden stores. A nice sacrifice on the part of your men. My guy does the same for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the name too although it sounds more like a beverage than a flower.I love the color combination too. My favorite flower is Lemon Gem Marigolds which isn't that fun to say but they are so easy to grow, bloom all summer in Minnesota and keep the mosquitoes away. I had to order seeds online because I couldn't find them at the nurseries the last couple of years and then spotted an article in the paper this year that you had to order them online... Yup they are that popular in Minnesota that there was an article in the Thursday home/garden section about them in the middle of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful pansy, And we LOVE the name -- so fun and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the name but even better it's my favorite color - yellow! Thanks for stopping by the blog for my Mini a Day for A to Z!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.