Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Garlic

I love garlic, in fact, it’s probably my favorite spice to cook with.  And I recently learned that April 19th is National Garlic Day.  So garlic had to be my G post during the A to Z Challenge.  I tend to buy garlic in bulk because we use so much of it, and the garlic press is one of the most used tools in my kitchen. 
I love garlic because not only is it delicious, it’s so versatile and works in so many different dishes and types of cuisines.  There also seem to be quite a few studies confirming some pretty impressive health benefits of garlic.  So it’s delicious, versatile, and good for you. 
I know we’ll be eating garlic on the 19th in celebration of National Garlic Day.  Here are a couple of garlic recipes for you in case you’re looking for a way to enjoy garlic too:
So what about you?  Do you enjoy garlic? 

9 comments:

  1. I still remember from many years ago what a relief I felt when my boyfriend/future husband told me how much he loved garlic in his food. I knew then he was the one. ๐Ÿ˜†

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still remember from many years ago what a relief I felt when my boyfriend/future husband told me how much he loved garlic in his food. I knew then he was the one. ๐Ÿ˜†

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danielle - I don't eat it so often now - but in the early days I was always cooking with it .. and now there's so many choices on the market ..

    Enjoy April 19th Garlic Day .. good day for a roast - Sunday lunch and roast garlic ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't sit well with my wife, and she's Italian.

    I like it in many dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love garlic. But I'm not great at cooking with it, so I'll have to buy stuff with garlic already in it.

    Liz A. from Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are garlic lovers here ourselves too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Gran used to make a creamy garlic and mushroom soup that was just outrageously good. We love our garlic as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use garlic a fair amount too. These days, I buy it already peeled. Saves a lot of hassle. I put it in a Mason jar, add a piece of paper towel, and it keeps in the fridge for ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.