Friday, November 30, 2018

Lavender Bath Salt

I’m not usually one for making many homemade gifts, other than food, but last year I started experimenting with making bath salts.  I don’t think it gets much more relaxing than a nice long soak in a hot bath after a stressful day.  Lavender oil is known for promoting relaxation and restful sleep, so lavender bath salts can really enhance the experience.

This comes together relatively quickly and easily, and makes for a practical gift.  The recipe I use has Young Living Essential Oil.  If you’re using a different brand you may need to use more or less oil, depending on the strength and quality of the oil.

Lavender Bath Salt:

12 cups Epsom salt
35 drops lavender essential oil

Place the Epsom salt in a large glass or metal mixing bowl.  Don’t use plastic because it can absorb the essential oil.  Break up any chunks of Epsom salt.  Add the essential oil, and mix well.

Spoon into jars, and close them tightly. 

Now you can get as creative as you’d like.  I kept it relatively simple with just a ribbon and printed labels that I hole punched to get the ribbon through.  If you’re more into crafts than I am, I’m sure you can do all kinds of fun things with different ribbons and labels. 




This recipe makes seven pint size jars of bath salts, so it works well if you’re making gifts for multiple people.  The bath salts are really nice, though, so make sure you keep a jar for yourself as well. 

8 comments:

  1. That's a great idea for people who take baths. I've seen recipes for bath bombs too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea, Danielle. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could also, when packaging it up, use it as a foot soak. I mention this because I was recently told to soak my bad foot in epsom salts every night and this would make it smell better when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gift very much appreciated I would imagine! Thanks for sharing your recipe :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize it was so easy. Great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your creativity, Danielle. And how you generously share your ideas with all of us! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.