Dana, at The Daily Dose, has passed the Fabulous Blog Ribbon on to me. Thank you so much! I enjoy your blog, so it’s nice to hear that you seem to enjoy mine enough to award it a ribbon. Even better, a virtual ribbon, so I don’t have to worry about a cat eating it!
Here are rule for the Fabulous Blog Ribbon:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Name five of your most fabulous moments, either in real life or in the blogosphere.
3. Name five things you love.
4. Name five things you hate.
5. Pass the ribbon on the five other bloggers. (Leave them a comment to notify them of their win.)
I have to say, I really like that everything with this award is in fives; five is my favorite number. Okay, so here are my groups of five things:
Five of my most fabulous moments:
1. My wedding day; it was a beautiful day, and I got to marry the person who has become my everything.
2. The day I convinced my parents to let me adopt my dog Emma.
3. The first time we came to our house after the closing. It was a great feeling to walk through the door that was now ours.
4. When the title and contract marked “paid in full” for my car came in the mail last summer. It was the first time I’d ever paid off a car, so it was one of those really great, responsible “grown-up” moments.
5. The look on my grandfather’s face at my wedding when he had his special dance with all three granddaughters and my aunt.
Now for five things I hate (I know I’m skipping around, but I want to end my five things on a positive note):
1. Animal abusers.
2. Snow, ice, and really cold weather.
3. People who are mean or cruel to anyone weaker than themselves, whether it’s a child, an elderly person, an animal, or just someone less able than they are.
4. Condescending people.
5. Anything hazelnut: coffee, candles, anything at all.
Five things I love:
1. My family and friends, and especially my husband. Without them I am nothing.
2. My pets, a.k.a. the fur kids.
3. The (near) daily reminder in the comments on my blog and in reading other people’s posts that the world is full of interesting, decent, kind, wonderful human beings.
4. Cooking, especially if it’s for a big crowd of people I care about.
5. The beach.
Now for the really hard part, passing the ribbon on to five other bloggers:
1. Carrie at The Slow-Dripped Life
2. Cat at Cat’s Stuff
3. Martha at Seaside Simplicity
4. Mare at Adventures In The Ballpark
5. Julie at Empty Nest Insider