Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Cinnamon Sugar Butter

Flavored butters really add an extra something to a meal.  They’re super easy to make, as long as you remember to take the butter out in plenty of time to soften.  They have a big impact, and are a great way to add a little something special and extra.

Some people say that you should use unsalted butter if you’re making a sweet flavored butter.  I disagree.  I tend to view unsalted butter as the anti-butter.  It rarely makes its way into our house.  Most of the time I use salted butter, even if a recipe calls for unsalted butter.  I do not enjoy unsalted butter, and I don’t like having it sitting around in the refrigerator.  Salt helps to enhance flavor, and I really don’t think the butter tastes salty if you use salted butter for this.

Cinnamon Sugar Butter
4 oz. butter, softened
1 packed Tbsp light brown sugar
½ tsp cinnamon

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, and mix well.

Enjoy! 


8 comments:

  1. No unsalted butter in this house either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it is delicious! I would think if one wasn't on a diet that you had to limit salt, going with salted butter would be the way to go.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is good stuff, but not part of my diet anymore😥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on unsalted butter. I only get it if a recipe specifically calls for it, and only for baking or some such. Most of the time I don't notice the difference.

    Did you know you can buy flavored butters? There's a garlic one we like for when we're making garlic bread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now THAT's easy peasy! I just bought extra (salted!) butter today at the store for baking, Maybe I'll make some cinnamon butter to give as gifts with Rick's bread!

    Guess what arrived today! Your book and the recipes look so yum! I have a feeling I'll be making some at the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think it generally matters whether your butter is salted or unsalted, regardless of the recipe. Mostly I think whoever was writing the recipe just had the preference, so wrote down what they used, and thought you should too. Personally, I just use whatever butter I have on hand when a recipe calls for it.

    Anyway, sounds tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That seems pretty easy, and we bet it tastes WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also never us unsalted butter, bought in error once and always double check now! This sounds like sugar toast but not all mixed, buttered toast then add brown sugar and cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.