Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Groundhogs & Bananas

 Did you know that groundhogs like bananas?  I didn’t.

Last week, Nick and I checked the produce clearance section (buying produce for all of the groundhogs isn’t cheap!) at the grocery store.  The only produce on clearance was the bags of very ripe bananas.

I wasn’t sure how the groundhogs would feel about bananas.  I hate bananas, so I tend to think that everyone else does, too.

Nick loves bananas, so he tends to think that everyone else loves bananas.  As a banana lover, Nick advocated buying them and seeing if the groundhogs would like them.  He predicted that they’d like them. 

Nick was right.  The groundhogs love bananas! 

I took this plate out, with three bananas broken into chunks.

And this is what the plate looked like a few hours later.

Here’s a video of one of the groundhogs enjoying the bananas.


Would you have guessed that groundhogs like bananas?  And does your guess have anything to do with your opinion of bananas?  

8 comments:

  1. Awww! I’m glad they liked the bananas. I can only eat bananas that are not ripe. So, yes, green ones! But I’m okay with the flavor, like in banana bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that is so cute! I'm glad the groundhogs loved those bananas. Good prediction by Nick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -- I never would have guessed that either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I’ve never heard of anyone feeding groundhogs! I thought they’d like bananas but so do I.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Danielle,
    That is precious for having those groundhogs around!
    Yep, they like bananas and it is an excellent source of potassium! https://outforia.com/what-do-groundhogs-eat/
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do the groundhogs eat any of your plants you don't want them to? They are notorious for ruining vegetable gardens. With that being said, they are cute, and I'm not surprised that they like bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never considered what groundhogs would or would not like. You hear such disparate things about what human food various animals can and can not consume. I like bananas, but I rarely eat them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.