Sunday, June 9, 2024

Catching Up

I didn’t mean to go so long between posts, but work has been incredibly busy lately.  I just haven’t wanted to sit down at the computer again after staring at a screen for twelve-plus hours.  But I’m trying to get back to blogging now.

Even Caroline, who loves “helping” on my work-from-home days, is a little tired of the long days. 


 There hasn’t been much outside of work lately, but here are a few highlights.

Of course, the flowers are blooming.



A local yarn shop donated the materials for crocheted Pride pins to our local Pride group.  They asked for volunteers to make the pins.  I only took one kit because I wasn’t sure I’d be able to figure out the pattern.  Fortunately, I was able to do it.  


The most exciting news is that we now have groundhogs living in our backyard.  They are so cute!  I’m aware that a lot of people consider them to be pests and work to get rid of them.  However, they’re not doing any damage, so we’ve decided to peacefully coexist with them.  There has been a lot of new construction here recently, so it only makes sense that the groundhogs have had to relocate closer to humans.  If our yard is a safe place for them, we’re perfectly happy with that. 

At one point, I saw seven small groundhogs and two large ones, but lately, I haven’t seen more than four small ones and one large one at once.  So, I’m not entirely sure how many are currently living in our backyard. 

Here’s a video of some of them eating corn.

I’m working on catching up with your blogs, but feel free to let me know what you’ve been up to in the comments.  

15 comments:

  1. Glad things have slowed down enough that you can check back in here. 12 hour work days are too long!

    Ground hogs can be fun to watch, but can do a lot of damage - especially to food gardens. You are doing a service to the neighbors by encouraging them to come to your yard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a LOT of groundhogs! I’ve only ever seen one at both houses we’ve lived. I kind of thought they were solitary. My calla lilies have started blooming here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’d let them live in my lawn too. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you again, love the groundhogs! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get the wanting to get away from the screen! Nice of you to check in.
    Groundhogs are cute as long as they're not damaging :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Danielle,
    Lovely flowers and cute groundhog critters in your yard!
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope it's been a good busy. Sometimes busy work is a good thing. Cute rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also understand not wanting to spend off time in front of another screen!

    I like groundhogs. They're pretty shy, at least the ones I've seen, so I like that you have a family (or families!) living on your property.

    Thanks for stopping by my Musings blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your little rainbows. Great project! And your pink roses are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, Howdy! It was a surprise and a very nice one seeing you over at my house . Thank you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh and says video unavailable...also please tell your beautiful Tortie Caroline that I love her from afar. She reminds me of my Lady Bianca I had before Katie Isabella.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's good to see your catch up. I get what you mean about everything being busy but at least you had a chance to pop in here! Have a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Danielle! Thanks for catching us up on stuff. We can understand about now wanting to use the computer after spending all day in front of one. The flowers look beautiful, and that video of the groundhogs made us smile so big! I love that you made those Pride pins! We went to the Pride in the Park event in our city last weekend, and had a great time. It was such a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your helper is adorable and i am sure she is exhausted, so much work to do "lol"!! this has been a great season for flowers, yours are very pretty!! i watched the video of the groundhogs and they are quite adorable. we have something underground making "tunnels" and therefore making the lawn very bumpy. either a mole or groundhogs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as to my blog...yes, i raise black swallowtails! if you are interested in the process, i have a feature on my blog where you can "search this blog"...search "raising butterflies" the a lot of posts and information will come up. i raise black swallowtails!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.