Thursday, April 7, 2022

Flowers

For my F post, I thought I’d show you some of the flowers that are currently blooming in our yard.


The timing of the blooms seems to vary quite a bit from year to year.  Some years, the azaleas are in full bloom by now.  This year, they’re just beginning to bloom right now. Hopefully, in a couple of weeks, we’ll have a lot more flowers. 

The daffodils are always some of the first to bloom and are almost finished for the year.  There’s one little cluster still holding on.

And there’s one pink tulip in full bloom.


The scilla, transplanted from GrandMommy’s yard, is blooming.  She’s the one who taught me to garden, so it always makes me happy when these come back.  Her flower legacy lives on.


I’m not sure what this one is called.  It’s a bush in the front yard.  I think the tiny flowers are so pretty.


What’s blooming where you are? 

12 comments:

  1. Beutiful flowers. Spring is in full bloom here, but the weather is blowing a storm today! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s wonderful! My daffodils and hyacinths just started to bloom. It will be a while for anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! It's autumn now, so only the marigolds are still blooming.

    Ronel visiting for the A-Z Challenge My Languishing TBR: F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bful flowers. Am not good at gardening..but my mom is and I enjoy sitting and just watching there

    A to z....http://afshan-shaik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My pink tulips are bought and now in a vase. I prefer yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. I don't know from flowers, so I couldn't give you names of what's in bloom. Although, there is a sunflower that has sprung up in the yard of the school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot weather is blooming here lol. I did see some blossoms on trees here but i don't know the names of the trees lol. Your flowers are so pretty! I like them all, but the tulips the best!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are only starting our bloom where I live in New York State. We have crocus and Lenten Rose blooming at our house. Our daffodils aren't blooming yet but I see them in some other yards. Further south (near New York City) I saw forsythia and weeping cherry on Tuesday. I don't know what your mystery flower is, alas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty flowers! My azaleas are looking pretty right not too. My bridal lace bush is full of blooms also. I cut my rose bushes back in January, but they are full of buds. I should have roses any day now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since our yard doesn't really have any flowers, I'm not sure of everything that's blooming at the moment to be honest. I know daffodils are still everywhere though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our daffodils are gone, the hyacinths were frozen by a freak snow/ice storm and didn't come up well. The tulips have opened, but the tips of all the leaves are brown from the same snow. Red bud trees are in bloom. Waiting for irises to bloom. I don't have any, but I love them (I never think about planting bulbs in the fall, only that I really love them in the spring and wish I had some!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.