Thursday, April 26, 2018

The Lilac Bush, Three Years Later

I usually love it when the “you have memories” notification comes up on Facebook.  Most of the time it’s kind of fun to see what was going on exactly a year, or several, ago.  Sometimes it’s a good way to measure progress and see how much has changed.

This picture popped up today, from three years ago.


In 2015, the attorneys in my office gave me a gift certificate to a local nursery for Administrative Professionals Day.  That was a good year in the yard, so I was delighted with the gift certificate.

One of the things I bought with it was a lilac bush to plant in front of the house.  I had forgotten how small it was when we first planted it.

As you can see from these pictures, taken today, it really has grown a lot in three years.



I really, really like the bush, so I’m very happy it’s doing so well.  It smells great, and I love the flowers on it.

So what about you?  Do you like lilacs?  Do you enjoy it when Facebook informs you of memories for a specific day?

8 comments:

  1. I love the way lilacs smell and look :) I do like the Facebook notifications of memories from "yesteryear." Fun to look back and remember what was going on at a particular time :) Your bush really has grown in those 3 years!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the fb notifications clogging my feed! Lol! We don't have any lilacs, but I do think they smell good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love lilacs. Ours always bloomed in late June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning, I do love lilacs. The fragrance is so nice. We have two fairly young lilacs in our yard and I can't wait for them to grow! Wishing you a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really cool to see how something has grown over time. Alas, my FB memories are blog posts from prior years. (I rarely post anything to FB besides my blog posts--it posts automatically--so there's never anything else there.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lilacs. I planted a few bushes years ago and now they're taller than I am. Can't wait for them to bloom - it'll be a few weeks yet, but they're one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love lilacs. That's what I should plant in my newly sunnier back yard! You have given me a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way lilacs smell. they are so fragrant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.