Monday, July 29, 2019

We Have Blackberries!

I posted the same title a little over a year ago, when we first realized that Duke hadn’t killed the blackberry bush.  I’m happy to report that not only has the original bush survived another year, but we now have two more small blackberry bushes that we didn’t plant.


I’m not sure how the two new ones got there.  They’re spread out along the fence between us and our next door neighbors.  They’re sort of in between the fences, and growing over both fences into both yards.  Our neighbors don’t mind; they’re happy to have blackberries. 


I hope we’ll have even more surprise blackberry bushes next year.  I do love blackberries!

So what about you?  Are you growing any berries?   Do you have any surprise berries, or anything else, growing in your yard?


11 comments:

  1. I see wild red raspberries occasionally, but they are small and sparse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look yummy! I think our heat would kill them trying to grow here! I do remember growing up when we were in Pennsylvania and walking through fields looking for them and eating them as we could! Glad you got the bonus bushes too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat! The deer would just eat them here, so we don't even try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My vegetable patch is finally producing.

    Enjoy the blackberries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blackberries propagate very well. We always went "black-berin" in the hills and wild near us. Lots of berries and bug bites.

    Happy eating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I assume a few berries (and their seeds) got blown off the bush last year. Nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woot! How awesome that you have even MORE blackberries this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome surprise for you (and your neighbours). Enjoy all the yummy blackberries!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! They do spread a lot so you probably will get more :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look yummy! Blackberries are one of my favorites but I never buy them since they tend to be pricey. We did plant a raspberry bush but I would love to plant blackberry as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you! I just got the new Country Living and there were several blackberry recipes in it (including pickled ones, which sounded a little weird but you never know!) The only surprises I seem to get are weeds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.