Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Happy Hump Day - The Riverbanks Zoo Edition

I love Riverbanks Zoo & Garden in Columbia, SC. We’ve been going there since I was a little kid, and Nick and I go every year around my birthday. It’s a great zoo. The animals are well cared for, and the zoo does a lot of conservation work. It’s one of my favorite places.

I’ve been worried about the zoo and the animals with all of the flooding that’s going on there right now, so I was delighted to read on their Facebook page that the animals are safe. The zoo is set to re-open today, though the garden and bridge leading to it will remain closed.

In celebration of the animals’ safety and the re-opening of the zoo, I decided to share zoo pictures for today’s hump day pictures.






6 comments:

  1. It looks like a lovely place; no wonder you enjoy going there so much! Glad the animals are all safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it was okay during the recent raining/flooding! Looks like a very nice zoo :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Danielle,

    Good to know that the animals are safe! As for hump day, I guess a photo of a camel might have been fun :) Nice photos.

    Take good care,

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have a zoo in my town, just an animal sanctuary with native animals which I can see anyway if I go for a walk by the river. It looks like a nice zoo Danielle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear the animals are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing these pictures, and the news that the animals are safe, Danielle. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.