I didn’t read much at all in 2013. I’m not entirely sure what happened, but I just didn’t do much reading. I didn’t ever come close to meeting my goodreads reading goal. I really don’t want another year of not reading much, so I’m signing up for the 2014 Historical Romance Reading Challenge being hosted by Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup.
It sounds like fun. I used to read historical romances almost exclusively, but then just kind of drifted away from them. I miss them a little bit. What better way to get back into reading them than by participating in a challenge?
You can read more about the challenge here, but here’s what counts:
- Every historical romance you read and review in 2014
- Any time period prior to 1920 qualifies.
- They can be historical paranormal, historical erotica, m/m, f/f, etc.
- All historical romances over 100 pages in length--audio, ebook, print
- Re-reads, cross overs from other challenges
Level One is 12 historical romances. Level Two is 18 historical romances. I’m trying to decide which level to try for, but am currently thinking about a 1.5, with 15 historical romances, and I’m currently looking for some recommendations. Any favorite historical romance novels or authors you think I should try?