Carrie, at The Slow-Dripped Life, is hosting what I’m calling the mother of all giveaways. I had to read it a few times to actually comprehend it myself, and all I can say is “WOW”. You can read all about it here. I am definitely planning to be an active participant in this one!
Much like the last give-way she hosted, Carrie is asking questions, the difference this time is that you must write a post in answer to the question or topic, rather than merely answering in the comments. Fair enough; she’s giving away a lot more this time, so it seems only right to put a little more effort into winning.
This week’s topic is “Name your top five places that you would like to visit but have never been.”
This one was hard for me (even though it involves the number five, which I love), five places I’ve never been that I’d to go to. Hmm. I haven’t traveled much at all. I’ve never really even been out of the south (there was one trip to Nevada for a poetry convention, but I don’t really count that because I literally never even left the hotel). We didn’t really take vacations when I was a kid, and it seems that things are always coming up now to prevent us from going many places, though we’re working on that. So, the short answer is “pretty much anywhere”. There’s a whole world of interesting places I have never been, some right here in the USA. But, if I must narrow it down to five, here they are:
1. China. I have an obsession with panda bears. I have for most of my life. I would love to go to one of the breeding centers and learn all about the conservation work they’re doing. I think the country is interesting, anyway, but throw in the fact that it’s where the panda bears are from, and I’d love to go.
2. Paris, France. Maybe I’ve watched Julie & Julia too many times, or maybe I’m a little too interested in food and cooking, but I’d love to go there. I’d love to experience, the food, the romance, and of course the historical aspects.
3. Washington, D.C. My husband and I have talked about this trip for a long time. We both love museums and history, so we’re pretty sure we’d love it. It’s also home of the Smithsonian’s National Zoo, which has panda bears! (Did I mention I’m a little obsessed with panda bears?)
4. Hawaii. I love beaches and warm weather, so it seems like the perfect vacation destination for me, and it looks so beautiful in all the pictures I’ve seen.
5. A cruise to Alaska. I actually have very little interest in going to Alaska (I hate to be cold and I practically cry at the sight of snow and ice) but my husband has always wanted to go. He’s one of those crazy people who actually like the cold, snow, and ice. He thinks it would be beautiful and interesting, and I know he’d love it. I think I’d have to bundle up to the point of looking like the Michelin Man, but I’m willing to do that, (and even keep my nasty comments about cold weather to myself) after all, he spent hours staring at panda bears with me on a warm day in Atlanta.
I’m sure there are probably dozens of other places I’ve said I would love to visit, but those are just the five that kept popping into my head. So what about you, where would you love to go?