Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!!

Treat bags for work

We’re hoping for lots of trick-or-treaters this year.  We don’t get nearly as many as I thought we would, being so close to so many things.  I hope this will be our year though.  I didn’t get to go trick-or-treating as a kid, so I get really excited about Halloween now.  I think I’m more excited over the kids coming to our door than they are over the candy.

Since Halloween falls on a workday for both of us I put together little treat bags for both of us to take to our co-workers.  I just love the little bat bags. 

Full Cauldron!
We got a little carried away on the candy aisle, so we have quite a variety, and quite a lot of it.  Our cauldron is heaped full, and we have enough left over to fill it at least once more, maybe twice.  I know we don’t need that much; I think we had maybe eight or ten kids come to our door last year, but I’m optimistic.  And it would be a shame to run out.

My husband and I have both been diligently asking (begging) co-workers to bring their kids to our house for trick-or-treating.  The pumpkins are carved, and we have tons of candy; we just need trick-or-treaters.  Our plan is to make a big pot of chili, put in a Halloween movie (probably Hocus Pocus),and hand out candy. 
The refill supply

So what about you?  What are your Halloween plans? 

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Halloween.



Jack - O- Lanterns!


8 comments:

  1. I like the pumpkins! Very nicely done! The chili sounded good too! Hope you had a great evening! Looks like a lot of candy indeed! Also hope you got a lot of trick or treaters; we got NONE so we have lots of candy left.

    Neat idea to take in treat bags for your fellow workers!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

  2. Over here in England, I had the grand total of zero kids knocking on my door on Halloween. That would be just like every other year here. Trick or treating is not that prevalent in England. Quite the contrast to when I lived in Vancouver and it wouldn't be unusual to get over a 100 children visiting in one night. Still, all the treats I buy for the kids who don't show up, are mine, all mine! Okay, they are mostly my son's treats :)

    I hope you had a good Halloween and those pumpkin carvings are really awesome!

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the last 17 years, I have lived on quiet streets where there aren't many children, so I've never had the fun opportunity to receive trick-or-treaters. I hope you had a good time. I was at church, and there weren't too many kids in attendance. I wonder why. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish that I lived in your neighborhood! I'd probably try to sneak in with some trick-or-treaters! Hope you had a nice turn out! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. We only had one trick-or-treater. A shame too because I had plenty of Milky Ways. We going to have to eat them so they don't go to waste, I hate that. cm

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah sometimes in the past few years we have had no kids--we had a few this year---when my oldest kids were young, we probably had at least 100 kids!!--looks like anyone who missed your house, missed the good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't get many kids either and for the past few years we have lived in apartments that are secured. Have you heard of Trunk or Treat-or something like that? We may try to get that going here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have Trunk or Treat here, but it seems to done exclusively through churches. We don't attend a church, so we haven't really had the opportunity to participate in one. Our neighbors have five children, so we're at least guaranteed that many. :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.