Sunday, December 31, 2023

Twenty-Three Pictures for the End of 2023

I decided to do a wrap-up post for the year by sharing twenty-three pictures from the year.  In looking through pictures for this post, I realized that I didn’t take very many pictures this year.  I can’t remember the last time I had so few pictures for a year.  That’s something to work on in 2024.

These are a mix of cellphone and camera pictures.  I’m sharing some of them because I think they’re really good pictures, some because they’re something important from the year, and some because they’re special now.

Let’s start with some pictures of flowers.  Because I always take lots of pictures of flowers.  




The crocheted cat couch that I made for Gabby and Amy is the biggest crochet project I’ve ever finished, so that was a highlight from the year. 


It’s Dobby-approved.

 

The Carl Sandburg Home. 


I’m glad I took pictures of Howard and Frankie cuddling together.



I befriended the free-range chickens.  Can you believe they used to run from me?  Now, I half-way expect them to follow me into the house one day.


Kiawah Island, SC.  

More flowers.  Always.  

 





View of the Ravenel Bridge from Magnolia Cemetery, Charleston, SC. 


 Mortimer and Charlie.


Colonial Dorchester, SC.

 




Angel Oak, Johns Island, SC.

 





10 comments:

  1. Silly me. I wondered why you were doing 23 pictures. Then it dawned on me that it was for the year 2023. :) I don't seem to take as many pictures as I used to, either. But flowers and cats do feature prominently in the ones I have, much like yours. Great minds...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos, TFS. Happy New Year to you and yours, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great way to wrap up the year. I take lots of pictures generally, but they're of empty classrooms (for blog images) and knit/crochet projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get the 23 photos until Live and Learn explained it, LOL. What a love mix of flowers, kitties and special places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to wrap up your year, Danielle! Thank you for sharing, and thank you for being our friend. We really are so grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics. I am hoping for better health this year so I can get my camera out more and get some nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pictorial variety recap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THAT was a fabulous gift to US...your wrapping up the year. I would love to visit those places you featured. I am really always interested in places like that and the older the dwelling, the better. . And I wish now I had done the same thing about putting the year into review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like seeing your SC pictures. Have you ever watched Southern Charm? They show that bridge a lot. I always thought it was a really cool bridge. I hope your 2024 is full of great camera taking moments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We just left Charleston, very interesting and historic city. There was so much more to see there, I wish we had more time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.