Friday, December 22, 2023

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays

I’ve loved that so many bloggers have been sharing their Christmas and holiday trees and decorations this week, so I thought I would join in.

Let’s start outside and work our way in.

First up is our inflatable sloth in a Christmas sweater.  Nick loves sloths, so we’ve added some sloths to our Christmas decorations.  This one is named Stuart.  Apparently, not everyone immediately recognizes Stuart as a sloth.  When I posted his picture on Facebook, my aunt messaged me asking if we really had a drunk raccoon inflatable.  No drunk raccoons here.

I know inflatables can be somewhat polarizing; people seem to love them or hate them, with no middle ground.  I love them.  I think they’re fun and cheery. 

Next up is the Christmas flag.



Then, the wreaths, matching wreaths on the front door and carport door.


Inside the house, we have the Christmas tree with lots of ornaments


The house we were renting when we bought the tree had a huge living room, so it’s a little big for our much smaller living room here.  I really don’t care.  It’s the only Christmas tree I’ve ever had, and I love it.

Nick loves sloths, so we added a sloth ornament this year.


We bought this ornament at an antique store when we were first looking for a house.


I’m a huge Friends fan, so we have some Friends ornaments. 


I put off buying a dumpster fire ornament until this year, but after a few dumpster fire years, I gave in and bought one.  It’s not year-specific, so it will work for any dumpster fire year.


Nick’s mom, Susan, gave me this book lover’s ornament last year.  I love it.


This one is self-explanatory.


Since we met on E-harmony, I was happy when I found this.

Nick gave me this butterfly ornament our first Christmas together.  It was also my first Christmas ornament.  It’s one of my favorites.


I love this cute little gingerbread house ornament.


Our friend Martha gave us this ornament the first Christmas after we were married. 

Our friend Alex gave us this one.  I call it the Thanksgiving ornament, so you know I like it.


The tree skirt has sloths.


Before we move on from the tree, 2023 isn’t the year Caroline stops climbing the Christmas tree.  



It’s a good thing she’s cute!


Moving on from the tree, we have a Winter Solstice candle this year.

And a Yule log candle holder.


One more winter candle holder.

I think this pink gingerbread house is adorable.  (The shelf isn’t dusty; I promise it’s glitter!)


I found this little winter house on Etsy and thought it was so cute.

Finally, we have the Christmas decoration my old coworker EJ gave me for Secret Santa several years ago.  The skiers move down the slope.  It was a great Secret Santa present.

I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and a joy-filled time in whatever your chosen celebrations are.  

11 comments:

  1. How fun for you to enjoy all of Christmas as an adult. I enjoyed seeing all of your special ornaments. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing all of your special Christmas things, but the cat in the tree is my favorite. Our first cat, Samantha, would climb into the middle of the tree and take naps. She never knocked one ornament off. I don't know how she did it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your decorations.

    Seeing Caroline in the tree reminded me of a cat in the family which always climbed the Christmas tree in front of a window in the house. It always fell from the tree and cut its whiskers off on the window blinds on the way to the floor. Every year the cat got its whiskers trimmed around Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ornaments. Merry Christmas, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your decorations. The sloth theme is cute. But be careful. If everyone knows of the sloths, you will only get sloths from your friends from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your celebration and decorations are so lovely! Merry Christmas to you, Nick, and the fur kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very festive! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that your Christmas decorations are memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! I loved every picture and the descriptions of them! This was fun! I'm still smiling. Merry day after Christmas, dear friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Stuart the Sloth! Ornaments make special gifts and memories, I love yours, as each one has a memory for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing your decorations, Denise! They're terrific. I like inflatables as long as they are inflated but when I see them all deflated on the ground it makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.