Thursday, October 11, 2018

Throw Back Thursday - The Teapot Edition

These are from last year’s visit to The Charleston Museum, in Charleston, South Carolina.  It’s America’s first museum.  You can read more about it here, and I’d highly encourage you to take the time to visit it if you’re ever in the Charleston area. 


The Charleston Museum has so many great displays, but the teapots really caught my eye.  I think these two are so pretty. 



The pineapple one was definitely my favorite.  The pineapple is a symbol of welcome, and pineapple decor features heavily in Charleston.  As I’ve said before, offering guests sweet tea is a huge part of hospitality in South Carolina, so I loved the pineapple teapot as the ultimate symbol of hospitality.


6 comments:

  1. That pineapple one is unique looking! I too would have enjoyed seeing the teapots. Looks like a great place to visit!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something about pineapples and that time. Someone republished a vintage knitting pattern from about that time for a pineapple purse. And that teapot made me think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pineapple teapot! Perfect for tea, sweet or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I know why there are carved pineapple finials on a bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only been to Charleston once, but I can see I would enjoy going back for this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pineapple teapot. Very striking. And it looks like it holds plenty of tea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.