Sunday, May 27, 2018

Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats

These peanut butter rice crispy treats are so good!  I’ve been meaning to share the recipe here for a while now, but they’re so good they never last very long, so it took some time to get pictures of them.  Everyone loves them.  I’ve added them to the list of treats I take to people at Christmas, and they’ve been really popular. 

They’re incredibly simple to make, which is good, because they’re the kind of thing you’ll want to make over and over again.  They’re not baked, which makes them a nice addition to my list of Christmas treats since oven space is at a premium then.  It’s also nice to have a dessert that doesn’t require the oven during the hot weather, so these are a great treat pretty much all year. 

Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats:

6 cups rice crispy cereal (It’s perfectly fine to use a store brand; I usually use the Aldi brand.)

1 stick of butter

1 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows

½ cup creamy peanut butter

½ cup crunchy peanut butter

Combine butter, marshmallows, creamy peanut butter, and crunchy peanut butter in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat.


Stir often.  Keep stirring often, until everything is melted.


Pour rice crispy cereal into a large mixing bowl.  Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal.  Mix well, making sure all of the cereal is thoroughly coated with the peanut butter mixture.  You’ll need to work fairly quickly so it doesn’t start to set before all of the cereal is coated.

Once everything is well mixed, place the mixture in a 9 x 13 dish, spreading it around evenly.


At this point, you can technically dig in if you just can’t stand to wait.  However, it won’t slice nicely unless you wait for a couple of hours.  If you’re eating it at home, and you don’t care how it looks, go for it.  If it needs to be sliced, and you want it to look nice, you’ll need to wait a couple of hours for it to set completely before you slice it. 

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I will make these for the grandkids! Right! That’s who I‘ll make them for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm gonna get you for this. You realize these will go straight to my hips and belly. AND that I can't resist peanut butter or crispiness. I don't know whether to thank you or forget I ever saw this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those sound yummy! We'll definitely be making these sometime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like regular rice krispie treats and I like peanut butter, so I'm thinking the combination of the two together would be so yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always made them with Cheerios. It's a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love rice crispy treats, and I knew they were easy to make, but I've never attempted them. Alas, I'm not a fan of peanut butter, so I won't be trying this. I'm sure it's amazing for all those peanut butter lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! This sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.