Tuesday, May 22, 2018

More Peonies

The peonies I shared with you last month have long since wilted.  They never seem to last very long, but the peonies on the shady side of the house have bloomed since then.

We’ve had torrential rain for most of the past week, but they seem to be holding on. 

The pink ones grow right next to the house, on the shady side. 


Everything on that side blooms about a month later than everything on the sunny side of the house.  I like the fact that it's spaced out like that.  I'll take coming home to this for as long as I can.


The white ones were planted in front of the house, with roses and several other bushes.  I don't think whoever planted them realized how much everything would grow over time, so it's a little wild and tangled.  I kind of like the way all of the different colors and flowers are packed in.  The roses over there shade the white peonies some, so they bloom later too.


I normally prefer more colorful flowers, but I think these are absolutely gorgeous.  The petals just seem so creamy and perfect.  And I love how vivid the green leaves are against them.

Can you tell I have a thing for peonies? 

Now if it would just stop raining so we could spend some time outside enjoying them!

Do you have any late bloomers? 


9 comments:

  1. That white one is so elegant looking! We sure could use some of that rain here! I don't think we have too many late bloomers here especially since it is getting ready to heat up and stay hot for the next 4 months (at least)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. No late bloomers, but masses of poppies. I know they're supposed to be weeds but I love them and I never pull them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My peonies have big buds but no blooms yet. Surely they will pop soon enough! Yours are gorgeous, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our peonies are just breaking through the ground now. I love them too. My husband’s grandmother introduced me to them and gave me some plants. We always think of her when we see peonies. The wind destroys our blooms every year though. Your peonies are lovely. Hope you get to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have irises blooming right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as they make you happy, that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the rain stops soon, so you can enjoy your flowers

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! We have a thing for peonies, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.