Friday, November 7, 2014

Hospitality & Entertaining – Let Your Slow Cooker Do the Work

Nick works a job that gives him very few weekends off.  Many of our friends also seem to have jobs that require a lot of weekend work, so entertaining on the weekend isn’t always a viable option for us.  I work Monday – Friday, so we’ve had to learn ways to juggle to make it work.
One of the ways to make it easier to invite someone to dinner during the week is to let the slow cooker do the cooking while I’m at work.  We can just put everything in it in the morning and then dinner is ready by the evening.  Honestly, I rely on the slow cooker sometimes even when we do entertain on a weekend and I just don’t want to spend my time standing over the stove.  It seems to make things easier and less stressful. 
Here are a few of my go-to slow cooker recipes for entertaining:
Even if you don’t plan to make the entire meal in a slow cooker, just making one dish in the slow cooker can really free up some of your time and make it a little easier for you to sit back and enjoy spending time with your guests. 

2 comments:

  1. I have to try some of these recipes you highlighted. I like the idea of letting the crock pot do the work for you!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my I love my crock pot. I've often made beef burgundy in it for guests.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.