Thursday, May 7, 2020

Not Exactly A Regular Menu Post

So much for my plan of posting our menu every week.  That went about as well as my goal of not getting any takeout or delivery.  There was a lot of that over the last two weeks!

Here’s what I have cooked, in no particular order:

Greek meatball inspired meatloaf and sauteed zucchini, squash, and onions.  This was an experiment that turned out extremely well.  In addition to the usual egg, breadcrumbs, and Worcestershire sauce, I added feta cheese, chopped bell pepper, chopped onion, and Greek seasoning to the meatloaf.  I poured a jar of pasta sauce over it for the last 25 minutes of cooking. 

The veggies were sauteed in olive oil with salt and Greek seasoning.

It was delicious!  Definitely one of those meals that have you excited for leftovers.




Grilled chicken, marinated using this recipe.  The chicken was delicious, and I think this may become my go-to marinade for chicken.  I did learn, however, that it is absolutely no fun to grill out on a windy day.

Huevos Rancheros.  My sister visited Costa Rica last year, and brought us some delicious sauce, which I used on mine.

Biscuits and gravy.

Veggie pizza, using dough made in the bread machine.



Muffins, from a box mix.  Not the most exciting thing, but they are good.

Rotini and meatballs.


Cauliflower fried “rice”.


Taco salad.

And that was pretty much it. 

So what have you cooked over the past two weeks?  Have you tried any new recipes?

7 comments:

  1. I made a roasted pork tenderloin with baby potatoes two nights ago. Last night, I cubed the leftover pork and added BBQ sauce and then roasted sweet potatoes and we had 'bowls' with the pork, potatoes, quinoa, and pineapple.

    Tonight I'm making shrimp in a sun dried tomato sauce over spaghetti squash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cauliflower rice appeals to me but I have never made it. I am into spaghetti squash instead of pasta for spaghetti though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that looks delicious and creative! Haven't tried any new recipes but cooked some simple chicken dishes like stir fry and then chicken with veggies in foil cooked on the grill. Hot now so we limit oven use.

    We do get take out twice weekly to help local restaurants.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. *looks away* You're making me hungry, and today is my not-eating day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. tasty dishes for sure. Huevos Rancheros are a favorite here too. i've been eating lots of fresh veggies with butter and spices, no meat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made hubby a birthday cake using coconut flour, which could have done with more liquid to counter-act the flour's absorbtion issues, since it was a bit dry, but was otherwise pretty good. I'll have to bear the liquid thing in mind when I'm using the rest of the coconut flour up.

    The other cooking experiment was when I had some cabbage and onions I wanted to fry up, and couldn't decide if I shoult use the hoisin stir fry sauce or just cook them in some garlic and liquid smoke. Since I didn't really have enough of either the hoisin sauce or liquid smoke to give a good amount of liquid - and I like a nice sauce with my stir fried veggies - I cooked it in all three: hoisin sauce, liquid smoke, and garlic. It turned out very tasty. Definitely something I want to do again; it had a slight BBQ flavour from the liquid smoke, but with the sweetness of the hoisin sauce, and a hint of the garlic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You put me to shame! It all looks terrific. I didn't d new recipes but have done some baking and a couple of old favorite dinners. But tonight I'm trying a new beef stew, so we'll see how that goes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.