Thursday, September 14, 2023

How It Started and How It’s Going

It’s hard to believe, but it has been five years since we brought Mortimer and Charlie (then known as Malmo and Copenhagen) home as our short-term fosters.  They were so little!


They were only supposed to stay with us for two weeks to ride out Hurricane Florence and the aftermath.  But we couldn’t give these little guys back and risk them being separated.


So, here we are, five years later.  They’re still incredibly bonded. 


And we have no regrets over failing as their foster family.  I can’t imagine our family without these two.  

8 comments:

  1. I love the before and after pictures of when they were kittens and when they were grown. I'm not sure if I could do fostering because I would want to keep them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That time goes fast, doesn't it! Darling kittens, beautiful cats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! They are beautiful. I’m glad it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course you couldn't separate them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was meant to be! I love a good foster fail story :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're so sweet. We are glad you foster failed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both look very happy and content. I don't know which one is which but the front one does not look like he has missed too many meals!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.