Wednesday, October 3, 2018

We Failed. Again.

It’s the good kind of failure, though.  We officially foster failed and adopted Charlie and Mortimer

It only took them a few days to work their way into our hearts.  They’re so sweet, they get along well with the other cats, and are fine with the dogs.   I hated to think of them going back to living in a cage, and it broke my heart to think about them being separated.  I couldn’t imagine one of them being left behind if someone only adopted one of them.  So we adopted them both.

We now have six cats and two dogs; half of them were foster failures.  We’ve decided that we’re just not cut out for fostering.  I don’t seem to be able to let them go (Tara, Duke, Cookie, and now Charlie and Mortimer were foster failures), and it wouldn’t be a good idea for us to have any more pets.

We’re very happy with our newest additions, and everyone is getting along and happily coexisting, so we’re calling it good.  There are worse things to fail at.

12 comments:

  1. Awwwww… congratulations on your failure. But your story is the EXACT reason that I've never fostered an animal. I know good and well that once it arrived, it would never leave. Of course, the neighborhood does a pretty good job of providing an endless stream of feral cats who need caring for, so... um... well, let's just say I don't think I'll have a shortage of cats any time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you are going to make a mistake, make it on the side of kindness. That’s how I see it. The result for you is cat heaven. Well done you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so true with your last line; worst things to fail at. And you actually foster quite well because you turn "unwanteds" into "wanted" and that's a good thing I do believe! Contrats!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. A win win for you and for the new members of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suspect your failure is a common problem for those with a big heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the best sort of failure! You and I would so get on if we met x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a feeling this was going to happen when you talked about fostering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, that's great for them, anyhow. ;)

    This is why I won't foster. I know I'd be the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Six cats and two dogs, wow, that's quite a handful! Good to know Charlie and Mortimer are now getting tender loving care from their new guardians.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So awesome. You and Nick have such good hearts. I see this not as a fail, but a win for all of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How precious! You are so kindhearted. Be well! And thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate your kind words.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.