Thursday, September 29, 2022

Thursday 13: The Storm Is Coming

Thursday 13 seems to be my regular thing now, so here’s this week’s edition.

1.    You might think that living over four hours from the nearest beach means that we’d never be impacted by hurricanes.  That is not the case.  Quite often, the wind and rain head straight for us, stall against the mountains, and hang out for a while.  We definitely don’t have it as bad as the people on the coast, though!

2.    The wind has been picking up all day, even though we’re not supposed to start getting the worst of Hurricane Ian’s second landfall until tomorrow.

3.    Anticipated wind and rain from hurricanes always makes me think about when we got Charlie and Mortimer.  Remember how they started off as short-term fosters ahead of Hurricane Florence? 

 


4.    Charlie and Mortimer have been officially ours for almost four years now.  Time flies, doesn’t it?

5.    Charlie and Mortimer are still best friends. 

 


6.    It definitely feels like fall now.  In addition to being windy, it was fairly chilly today.  I spent a lot of time walking between buildings at work today, and it was downright cold at times.

7.    Other than the wind, the weather was beautiful today, with gorgeous blue skies.  It’s so weird how much it’s supposed to change in the next 24 hours.

8.    Howard’s glucose level is still improving.  Dr. D. has had us lower his dose back down to five units twice a day.  He goes next week to have it checked again.

9.    Duke did not eat any rodents or other creatures this week.  We’re very happy about that!

10. Yesterday was our 14th wedding anniversary.  Work has been busy for both of us this week, so we didn’t do much for it.  

 


11. Nick’s mom and stepdad will be celebrating their 16th tomorrow and my aunt and uncle celebrated their 15th earlier this month. 

12. We went out for a work dinner with people from my job tonight.  It was nice.  We had a good time, and the food was excellent.  Nick finally got to put faces with names. 

13. We tried Turkish Delight for the first time this week.  We both like it.  I think it’s kind of gummy bears, but tastes less artificial.

 




So what about you?  What have you been up to this week?  Are you getting (or expecting to get) bad weather from Hurricane Ian?  Do you like Turkish Delight? 

9 comments:

  1. I keep thinking the dog names are people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe if the hurricane comes near you, and happy anniversary! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s been windy and rainy here for the past three days. Looks like today will be our only break from it for a while. I hope you guys don’t get too much rain and stay safe. At least something nice came from Florence for you. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the video. So sweet! They really are besties.

    Oh my! I hate to think of you in the path of Ian. We had a good dose of a category 2 equivalent with Fiona as a tropical storm. Good luck, my friend, to you and Nick. You’ll be on my mind when I hear it’s hit land!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully the weather wasn't too bad for you. Poor Florida was hit hard. Happy belated Anniversary!! I don't think I have ever had Turkish Delight candy but it looks good. Hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the storm doesn't hit you too bad. We had a heat wave this week, but it broke today, hooray! Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We sure hope you did okay as Ian passed through your area. So scary. Happy belated anniversary! We just celebrated our 15th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you didn't have to deal with much from the storm. I know some people who were pretty close to being in the thick of it. Thankfully all of them were only close, and the worst any of them dealt with was a bit of time without power (in most cases an hour or so at most).

    Happy anniversary.

    Turkish delight is nice. I don't have it much, because it's only the proper stuff I can eat (some of it has some added stuff that doesn't agree with me). But I enjoy it when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you survived the weather! Happy anniversary a little late!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.