Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Some More Folly Beach Pictures

Since the Folly Beach pictures from my last post seem to be the more popular ones, I thought I’d share a few more.


Folly Beach, SC is one of my absolute favorite places and is our usual yearly vacation destination. We skipped going in 2020 due to COVID, so we were very excited to be able to go in October of 2021.  We opted to skip indoor activities like museums and house tours and spent most of our time on the beach.  It gave me a lot of great opportunities to play with the camera.


I love the shell tree.  I don’t know why or when people started hanging shells from it (there were no shells on it when we were there in 2019), but I think it’s such a cool idea.  It’s just so pretty and cheery.






The weather we’ve had for the past few days makes me miss the blue skies and sunshine.


 


8 comments:

  1. People probably started putting shells on the tree sometime during Covid. Probably maybe as a sweet gesture for others to see and perhaps contribute to it when they came to enjoy the beach? It truly does look like a magical place to spend some time!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a really neat tree! It looks like most people used the hole in the scallop shell to hang it? I miss blue skies, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shell tree is an interesting factor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that white sand! Ours is pinker. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why this might be a favorite. It's absolutely beautiful. Is that a kite stuck in a tree? Love those beaches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice to be near the water, isn't it? Glad you had a good time. Probably a good idea to stay out of the indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Folly Beach looks like an amazing place. Glad you guys got to enjoy it again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.