Thursday, February 15, 2018

Thrifty Thursday - Send A Free Military Care Package

Do you ever have posts that you just absolutely have to do on a certain day?  Posts where everything just comes together in the right way, on the right day (or at least really close), and it’s the only post you could possibly share that day?  It doesn’t happen often for me, but this is one of those posts. 

Yesterday would have been my grandfather’s (a.k.a. Dad Dog) 89th birthday, and he was retired from the Air Force.  Recently I found an opportunity to send free care packages to troops.  I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a Thrifty Thursday post about sending a free care package to troops the day after his birthday!

Crown Royal has teamed up with Packages From Home to send packages to troops serving overseas.  You can access the site here.  You have to be 21 or older to access the site, you have to provide your date of birth, and you have to provide your email address.  However, there is absolutely no cost to you.

Once you’ve accessed the site, you can choose four items from the most requested list to be sent to troops.  I chose cookies, nuts, lip balm, and tea.  Of course I have to choose tea any time it’s an option!  Dad Dog was also a tea drinker, so it seemed like an appropriate choice.  Coffee, oatmeal, chips, and pretzels were some of the other options.

It takes less than two minutes of your time, costs you nothing, and maybe makes life just a little bit more pleasant for someone in harm’s way, away from their family and loved ones.  If you’re so inclined, please take the time to visit the site and select four items to send.   If you participate, I hope you’ll share your choices in the comments.  It’s always interesting to see what other people choose.

11 comments:

  1. What a great idea and a way to honor someone special in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic thing to do. I think our troops could use all the support and kind thoughts from all over. Nice....been meaning to check, how is Caroline doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a touching way to express appreciation. You are right---it was so easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I'll have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Danielle -- Thanks for popping by my blog! I hope you had a great Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Packages From Home sounds like a great scheme. Not sure if there's anything like that in the UK. I think if I were the recipient, I'd love some flapjacks. Do flapjacks even exist in the States? (and I don't mean pancakes)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this sounds wonderful!! i sent chips, coffee, cookies and lip balm. i like tea but i think most peeps like coffee. i am going to bookmark this and share it on my blog as well!! many thanks, i enjoyed reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this. I will check it out. Lip balm. Brilliant. Must be hard to get there and I couldn't live without it -- and that climate is so much worse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing! I'm going to spread the world the best I can. And, by the way, we're messy cooks, too. Great use for the last of the disinfectant solution! Heh... Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I opted for coffee, instant oatmeal, lip balm (I'm addicted to that stuff!), and nuts. Thanks again!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.