We are getting drenched here in our little piece of the world. It has been raining off and on (more on than off) since Thursday night, and really picked up yesterday. Rain is definitely not one of my favorite things. I prefer sunny skies with puffy white clouds. However, I am working on keeping a more positive outlook, so I’ve tried to come up with some things that I do like about rainy days. I managed to think of five, so here they are:
1. I don’t have to water the garden. Mother Nature is taking care of that for me today, so no need to drag out the hose and watering can. That’s one thing off of my to do list for today. I’m also told that lettuce likes the cooler, rainy weather. I’m hoping that my pots of lettuce will begin to thrive since we’ve had so much rain.
2. My husband enjoys overcast days, and really likes the rain, so he has been very happy with the weather
3. The cats are always incredibly snuggly when it’s rainy. There’s nothing quite like cuddling up with a purring cat (or four) on a rainy night.
4. Soup! Rainy days are perfect for homemade soup. Tonight it’s chicken noodle soup from the slow cooker.
5. Emma looks really cute walking around in her Thundershirt, and it seems to make a huge difference for her to wear it.
So what about you? Do you like or dislike the rain? Are there things you like about rainy days?