Sunday, September 30, 2018

September Wrap-Up & Blog Ahead

It’s hard to believe that tomorrow will be October 1st.  It feels like it should be still be sometime in May, or at least still early summer. 

Thanks everyone for your concern when I posted about the hurricane.  I’m late in posting this, but we came through the storm unscathed.  I’m not complaining, but our area didn’t get anywhere near the wind or rain that was originally forecast.  We were very fortunate.

Thank you for all of the anniversary wishes.  We both took off on Thursday and Friday, so had a four day weekend together.  We kept it fairly low key, but we had some great Indian food, more pie than we should have, and participated in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s (I’ll post more about that later).  It probably doesn’t sound terribly exciting, but we enjoyed it.

It’s officially fall, but we’re forecast to have temperatures in the low to mid 80s for all of next week.  I’m happy with that.  The longer we can postpone the cold, the better.  It also means the flowers will last a little longer, which always makes me happy. 

I’ve signed up for the Blog Ahead Challenge hosted by Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup.  The idea is to increase your number of scheduled posts by thirty during the month of October.  I’ve only done one of the Christmas posts I want to do, so I’m hoping this will be the push I need to get more of them ready to go. 

So how was September for you?  Does it seem like this year is flying by?  Are you participating in any blogging challenges in October? 

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you made it through the storm unscathed! And thank you for taking part in the Walk to End Alzheimer's. You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great you guys took off some time to spend together for your anniversary. Participating in that walk seemed like a good thing! Good luck with the Blog Ahead Challenge! Looking forward to reading what you blog about.

    I'm amazed October 1 is tomorrow. This year indeed has flown. September was an interesting month here. A trip out east for a family wedding was nice. Some unexpected things, but all in all not a bad month :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. September was busy with family events. Can’t believe it’s October already.

    My blogging challenge is to keep the three-a-week posts going. i find the writing easier but the topics are harder to find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's 90 degrees right now. No, it does not feel like October. And if you enjoyed the weekend, then that was the perfect weekend for the both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never bother with blogging challenges. I'm happy enough just blogging when an interesting idea or topic comes into my head. I couldn't possibly do thirty more posts in a month. I'd be reduced to descriptions of my breakfast cereal and which shirt I put on this morning!

    In the 80s? Lucky you. It's around 60 here in Belfast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an enjoyable weekend celebration. Fall is nice, but it's also a sad season to me, because it marks the end of summer,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a nice way to celebrate to me. Glad you both enjoyed.

    Great to hear you came through the huricane alright.

    Our temperatures have cooled off, which is just fine by me. I like the colder weather.

    I've been scheduling some more posts where possible too, but not because of a blogging challenge. I wjus want to try and make sure I'm ahead of the game for when my surgery date finally rolls around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...Sept flew right on by! I looked at the calendar around the 26th and realized we were almost done with it. But on the flip side of that.. I love Fall. I love Halloween coming up. Thanks for stopping by the blog while I was out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad you celebrated your anniversary with some time off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. September went by much too fast, school starting, after school activities, markets, crazy weather...October brought snow. We are hoping for some actual Fall weather soon lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.