Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2026

Thursday 13: Catching Up

Since I haven’t posted anything since March, a Thursday 13 seemed like a great way to catch up on what has been going on since March.

1.    A cat picture is always a good way to start one of these, so enjoy this one of Mortimer.


2.     We have hot water!  The water heater installation was finished on time, and it has been worth every bit of disruption.  Showers that don’t become progressively colder are so much more pleasant!

3.    We did a lot of decluttering while we were getting the house back in order after the water heater installation.  We reorganized some things and got rid of a lot of stuff. 

4.    Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the process, but here’s one of Theodore in one of the storage cubes

5.    Speaking of Theodore, he had a vet visit for a cough last week.  After x-rays, they determined that he most likely aspirated some fluid while coughing up a hairball and developed a slight infection.  He’s on Laxatone for hairballs and got an antibiotic shot for the infection.  He goes for a follow-up in two weeks, but has already stopped coughing and seems to be feeling fine.


6.    Part of why I haven’t posted in a while is that I was working on a big project at work.  It was the second part of the December project.  Our deadline got moved up by about six weeks, so everyone had to put in a lot of extra hours for a while.  It is finished, though! 

7.    As usual, Caroline felt the need to be heavily involved in my work. 


8.    I’ve learned not to say I’m expecting any kind of break from projects with tight deadlines!  There isn’t one at the moment, but I’m expecting at least a couple more this year. 

9.    It hasn’t been all work during my blogging break.  We have done some fun things, including going to Greenville to see a performance from the Greenville Gay Men’s Chorus.  It was a great show!  I haven’t been able to find a video of the show, but here’s the promo video.


10.   The groundhogs are back!

11.   There are at least three baby groundhogs this year.  I just love them so much.

12.   I’m working on catching up with everyone’s blogs, so I’ll be visiting you soon.

13.   A cat picture is always a good way to end a post, so enjoy this one of Charlie.  



9 comments:

  1. It's good to hear from you, Danielle. You and all your kitty cats have been missed. I'm glad it's just work that's been keeping you busy but hope that you get a break soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear from you, Danielle, and that all is good. Always enjoy your kitty pictures. There are few people, who are trying to grow veggies right now, who aren't as happy with groundhogs as you are. But the babies must be really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, me and dad just love the photos of Charlie, Caroline, Theodore and Mortimer. Thanks for welcoming us back to WNC, by the way. We're beyond thrilled to be back, and mom and dad have been hiking pretty much every weekend and loving it. They especially like how some of the less strenuous trails they've discovered are right up the road at Montreat. Sounds like you've been quite busy both with home projects and at work, and we're glad to see you back. Dad works in Old Fort, and I often hear him and mom discussing the crazy up/down ride between there and Black Mountain on I-40. Glad you're back, Danielle, and have a fine weekend! Tell Theodore I hope his cough stays away and he gets back to good health permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We replaced our water heater tank for the well. Good to have water.
    Glad kitty is feeling better.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you finally have hot water. I just loved every cat photo! Poor Theodore. That doesn't sound fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sucks when work gets in the way of your life. But it happens. Glad to hear your water heater's fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you checked in! It sounds like you have been very busy - hot showers are worth all the work! Jealous of the decluttering, I wish I would catch that bug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Danielle! Thanks for checking in and catching us up on things. It sounds like things are generally going well there. We always love seeing your cats (and the groundhogs). Congratulations on finishing that big project and the new water heater! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for putting together such a detailed and well-researched guide!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.